NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Teaser Thursday - You Before Me

It's time for the fourth You Before Me teaser! Check out the first two and the third if you missed them. Don't forget that you can also read Chapter One. This teaser is in Gabe's POV and happens on Halloween night. Gabe and his partner, Fredrick, saw Ryan and her best friend, Viv, stumbling along the sidewalk downtown and decide to take them home.

“You owe me,” I tell her, although she probably won't remember tomorrow. “Is today really your birthday?” I can't help but ask.
“Yes. That's what I said, Gabe.” She laughs softly. “Funny, right? I was born on Halloween and I'm my parents' worst nightmare. How fitting.” Ryan starts giggling like it's actually funny.
It kills me when she says things like that, but I know what she means. I've seen it firsthand. I want to ask her why she didn't tell me about her birthday. Instead, I ask where her key is as we reach her door. She reaches into her bra and I remember how she did that when that prick had her up against her door that one night.
“Safest place,” she says, handing it to me.
I hold her against me and unlock the door. “Fredrick, we're just going to lay them in her bed and then we're leaving.”
“Okay.”
“You know,” Ryan starts. “I could have fucked four different guys tonight. Four.”
I clench my jaw as we get the girls into bed. “Oh yeah?”
“Yep. But I didn't,” she sings, shaking a finger at me. “I'm supposed to be behaving, and I would have felt bad. Because of you, Gabe. Are you mad?”
We pull the covers over them. They look ridiculous in their costumes while they lay in bed. Viv has already passed out. Fredrick leaves wordlessly.
“No, I'm not mad,” I answer.
“I didn't tell you about my birthday. Are you mad about that?” Ryan squints her eyes, pulling her brows together as she frowns, looking worried over the possibility that I might be upset with her.
I lean down and kiss her forehead. “No, not mad. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?”
She nods, already drifting to sleep.

You Before Me will release on June 21, 2014. You can pre-order it for the special price of 99 cents on iTunes or B&N. You can also subscribe to my monthly newsletter to read Chapter Two on June 1st. Be sure to add it on Goodreads and follow the Pinterest board for weekly pins.

Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!