NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Teaser Thursday - You Before Me

Hey, y'all! We're starting today off with not one, but two teasers from You Before Me. Don't forget that you can also read Chapter One. Next week, a teaser will be posted on Tuesday and then Thursday and will continue leading up to the release! I'm so excited and I hope you are too.

These first two teasers are in Gabe's POV and occur at different points during their first date. Enjoy!

At precisely 6:45, I'm standing outside of Ryan's apartment door. She texted me earlier today to let me know which one was hers. I knock twice, faintly able to hear music playing. After the music stops, a moment passes before she answers the door, wearing dark blue jeans and a white strapless bra with a lace design over the cups, and she's currently brushing her teeth.
“Are you ever fully clothed?” I ask with a forced chuckle, trying my best to be a gentleman and not look at her cleavage.
“Sorry,” she mumbles around her toothbrush. Ryan steps aside so I can come inside and runs to finish getting ready. I hear water running and then she calls out, “You shouldn't have had to see that. I should have warned you that I'm always late. Let me throw on a shirt and shoes, and I'll be ready.”
While she does that, I subtly look around her apartment. Books, clothes, and empty bottles of Sunkist are scattered about. It's clean, though. Just a little messy.
“Okay,” Ryan says entering the living room. “I'm ready.”
I turn to see her. Brown boots are peeking from underneath her jeans and she's wearing a white sweater that displays a strong shoulder and collarbone.
“You look great.”
She smiles. “Worth the wait?”
“Definitely.”

And the second teaser:

“What's one of your favorite things to do?”
Without any hesitation whatsoever, the words fly out of her mouth. “Have sex.”
She catches me off guard with her answer, my fork pausing halfway to my mouth. Ryan's eyes widen as if she's just now realizing she said that.
“Shit. I mean, crap. Sorry. That's, um, not a good, ladylike thing to say.” Her cheeks flush a light pink, her eyes focused on her cake. Something tells me this is the first and last time I'll ever see her blush because it doesn't seem like something she does often.


You Before Me will release June 21, 2014. You can subscribe to my newsletter to read Chapter Two on June 1st. You can also pre-order the book for the special price of 99 cents on iTunes or B&N. Be sure to add it on Goodreads and follow the Pinterest board for weekly pins.

That's it for this week. New teaser coming your way next Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!