NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, January 11, 2016

January's Paperback Pick

Woohoo! I'm starting 2016 off well! The first Paperback Pick of the year has been read!

This month, the pick was This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. I was so excited for this book because I read and adored The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

This is a fast-paced read, and for the most part, I enjoyed it. I expected it to be a fast love with a cute story, and it was. There was something missing though. I've been trying to put my finger on it, but can't quite grasp it. Maybe it was because I didn't really connect with the characters or maybe because I wanted more from the ending. Something was missing for me though, and the book kinda fell flat.

However, I'm glad I read it, and I'm looking forward to reading more of Smith's books. I think I have The Geography of You and Me, so maybe I'll read that one soon!

What about you? Have you read this book or a book by this author? How did you enjoy it?


If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!