NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Felix (The Ninth Inning, #1)


Time for another teaser for the upcoming release of the first book in Mary's and my new baseball series. Last week, I shared a teaser from Abigail's POV and one in Felix's POV.

Today's teaser is in Abigail's POV.  I'm sure some of y'all can appreciate the bookish humor!
“I can’t believe what a great reading that was. He’s very passionate when he reads, don’t you think?” I hold my book close to my chest.

“Yeah, he is. Hopefully I’ll be able to read it on the next road trip.” He puts his in the backseat and he drives to the restaurant.

“You read the books you have signed? Not me. I set them on the shelf and worship them as idols.” I giggle because that’s almost the full truth. “I use my Kindle most of the time.”

“I’m not that committed. I don’t own an e-reader and why buy two copies of a book just because one is signed? The story doesn’t change you know,” he jokes.

“This date was going well until you said that. What do you mean you don’t own an e-reader? It’s a necessity in life. And the reason I buy two is because one is for my shelf and one is so I can read it. I don’t want to damage the one I have signed.”

“Do you somehow damage the one that isn’t signed?”

“Yes. You get fingerprints on it, you might bend the spine, and God forbid you might spill something on it.” How can he not care about the books?

Felix booms out a laugh and he pulls up to the curb to the valet. I reluctantly sit my book in the back and step out of the BMW.

“This date was going well until I realized you’re crazy,” he whispers close to my ear as we walk in. “Fingerprints, really? Books are meant to be read. If you bend the spine, it’s a good thing.”

“Oh dear, I don’t think I can hear such blasphemy. Let’s change the topic before I accidentally stab you with my fork.”

Felix releases this Friday, September 25, but you can preorder your copy now on Amazon, iBooks, B&N, or Kobo. Be sure to add it to your to-read shelf on Goodreads, too! I'll be sharing the last teaser on Thursday!
The Ninth Inning series presents Memphis Angels’ pitcher, Felix Hernandez.

Felix Hernandez’s life is baseball, baseball, baseball, and then his family. He rarely remembers anything that doesn’t concern the game. He’s never had a good enough reason to reprioritize his life or change his ways.

Relying on her sisters most of the time, Abigail Harris is trying to put her life in order. She’s now a graduate student and living on her own. It’s not until Felix deems her his lucky charm that her life begins to change. Now, Abigail isn’t sure if she should be focusing on her happiness or the professional baseball player.

Can the two handle any fastballs that come their way or will they strike out under pressure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!