NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Teaser Thursday: Felix (The Ninth Inning, #1)


Time for another teaser for the upcoming release of the first book in Mary's and my new baseball series. Tuesday, I shared a teaser from Abigail's POV, and today, it'll be in Felix's POV.

You should be able to figure out why I picked this one. :)
“Oh my God, are you one of those calorie-counting athletes who drinks mushed up veggies in the morning mixed in with soy milk?” She makes disgusting face and I chuckle.

“Is there any other type of athlete? Do you really think this body comes from eating junk and then working it all off in the gym? I mean, I used to be that way, but a teammate got me started on all this healthy food and I felt way better, so it stuck.”

“So, you eat all kinds of veggies and shit like that? I can’t do that. I’m more of a bacon-meat-drowned-in-gravy kind of girl. Oh, and chocolate. At least one to two pounds a week. I can’t live without it.” She licks her lips, distracting me for a moment.

I groan. “God, that sounds so good.”

She leans over and whispers, “Come to the dark side, Felix. We have cookies, too.”

“You’re just one big temptation all the way around, aren’t you?”

Abigail shrugs. “I can be from time-to-time.”

“Where am I going?” I ask, in case I’m not dropping her off in the same spot as before.

“It’s up yonder.” She points ahead, but I’m laughing too much to pay attention to where she pointed.

“Yonder? Seriously? I didn’t think people actually said that.”

“You better learn the language, Mr. Cali, because that’s a very technical term.” Her voice is serious as can be.

“Yeah, I can tell,” I say, still chuckling.

“Just pull over by the curb. Is that better directions for you to understand?” She giggles.

“Yes, thank you.” I park and get out to open her door, switching back into professional chauffeur mode. “Have a good day, Miss Abigail.”

Felix releases September 25, but you can preorder your copy now on Amazon, iBooks, B&N, or Kobo. Be sure to add it to your to-read shelf on Goodreads, too! I'll be sharing another teaser on Tuesday!
The Ninth Inning series presents Memphis Angels’ pitcher, Felix Hernandez.

Felix Hernandez’s life is baseball, baseball, baseball, and then his family. He rarely remembers anything that doesn’t concern the game. He’s never had a good enough reason to reprioritize his life or change his ways.

Relying on her sisters most of the time, Abigail Harris is trying to put her life in order. She’s now a graduate student and living on her own. It’s not until Felix deems her his lucky charm that her life begins to change. Now, Abigail isn’t sure if she should be focusing on her happiness or the professional baseball player.

Can the two handle any fastballs that come their way or will they strike out under pressure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!