NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Big purchases calls for big lists!

If you don't know by now, I'm here to tell you that I love making lists. I'm a list-making maniac. As you may have noticed on Facebook, in order to sell on iBooks, I have to download a program. After a bit of researching to figure out why my PC couldn't open this program, it turns out that this particular file can only be opened on an Apple computer.

My PC is going on 3 years old in August. It has been nothing but fabulous for me. There are two problems I have.
  1. Battery burned out so it must be plugged in at all times in order for me to use it. The battery stopped working about a year and a half after buying it.
  2. It will not open that dang file!
Therefore, as I love my iPod touch and my aunt's iPad, I've been thinking that maybe I should make the transfer and buy a Mac. Note: This is where my impulsive buying comes into play because I just thought about this today. However, Mac's are expensive. I only paid roughly $500 for my HP. The Mac I'm looking at is roughly $2,000.

Yeah.

Big difference.

I've decided that I'm going to make a list of pros and cons. I would like your input as well. First, I would like to share that I'm a HP girl. I dislike Dell so much and have had but a few problems with my HP. I used to own an Acer and a virus tore it to bits.

On with the list!

Pros
  • Apple products seem to be amazing. I love my iPod Touch. The only problems I've had with it was due to an error I made by accident.
  • There's nothing like a brand new computer waiting to be explored.
  • I can pass on my laptop to my mother. (That way I will never have to share! This one can be the 'family' computer.)*
  • I can download that program!
  • I want one.
  • I love new electronics.
  • I can use the iCloud to keep my documents synced.
  • If I want to use my laptop while on a road trip, I don't have to worry about having it plugged in constantly.
  • Keyboard lights up!
Cons
  • Apple repairs can be hefty.
  • Apple accessories are expensive and the generic brands don't always work.
  • Makes me think that Apple is a bit too much of a money-hungry machine.
  • That's a LOT of money to put in a laptop.
  • My laptop is still working fine.
  • I don't know what the battery life is like.
  • I've never experienced using a Mac.
  • I'm not entirely sure it will be better for my means of usage.
*You have to understand something. I'm online a lot. All my documents are on my laptop and as of right now, they are not backed up. I get super paranoid when someone uses my laptop. I don't want them to mess anything up nor do I want them looking at my files for the simple fact that unless it is nearly complete, it is for my eyes only. I'm a bit superstitious.

Do you have any cons or pros to add to my list?

I'm about even. Since this is such a big investment, I'll talk it over with my mom and see what she says. That's always a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!