NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

WIP Progress Report (#1)

I have a pretty hectic schedule for the next five months. Not only with traveling, soon-to-be schoolwork, and regular everyday life stuff, there's a lot on my writing plate as well. There is so much going on with my writing right now, which is why I thought it would be cool to start a new feature.

These "progress reports" are basically a way for y'all to know a little more about what I'm working on and to be able to follow along with the process. The main update will be on my solos, but at the end, there will be quick updates on other projects. Hopefully, you'll enjoy this feature. :)

Onward!

My next WIP is Haley and Keelan's story.

I started writing it prior to working on Without a Doubt, but I put it aside when I became obsessed with WaD. I am back to it and excited to be reunited with them.

Here's a quick rundown of things.
- Currently untitled. I usually don't know this until later in the story anyway.
- Genre: Young Adult Romance (I know! I'm going back to the genre I started in. Fun Fact: My last YA was Don't Panic in 2012.)
- Word Count/Goal: 34,244/70,000
- Release Date: Hopefully, sometime in early 2016. I want to release five solos next year, and this will be the first of those five.

With every new WIP, I feel like I can say, "I'm doing something I haven't quite done before." That holds true for this book as well.

How so?

Well, there's a new element to the story, which I've never done and no, I'm not sharing what it is yet. Both characters are athletes (Haley - tennis; Keelan - football). Their story isn't just about their romance. It's about their relationships with their families too.

While this doesn't necessarily pertain to the story itself, I sort of outlined the story. *gasp* I never do this. Brainstorm and have notes, sure. But to get a rough outline of the story? Nope. Usually it blocks me, but I tried something different this time and it's jumpstarted my brain even more. (I've done it with two more books now, too.)

Other Projects:
Mary and I are juggling a few things in preparation for the releases in our The Ninth Inning series. We're working on edits, getting the books formatted, and writing those in Season 2.

Lastly, my December release, Without a Doubt, is with the editor.

That's it! I'll share another progress report whenever I make some decent progress, haha.

Until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!