NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday's Book Spotlight

It feels like it's been forever since I've posted one of these, and it probably has been! I've been reading, of course, but nothing that has really stood out. (Or I forget to post about it. Oops.) Anyway, this week, I'm putting a big, fat, bright spotlight on The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen. Add it on Goodreads!!


The sport she loves is out of reach. The boy she loves has someone else.

What now?

She expected to start Harkness College as a varsity ice hockey player. But a serious accident means that Corey Callahan will start school in a wheelchair instead.

Across the hall, in the other handicapped-accessible dorm room, lives the too-delicious-to-be real Adam Hartley, another would-be hockey star with his leg broken in two places. He’s way out of Corey’s league.

Also, he’s taken.

Nevertheless, an unlikely alliance blooms between Corey and Hartley in the “gimp ghetto” of McHerrin Hall. Over tequila, perilously balanced dining hall trays, and video games, the two cope with disappointments that nobody else understands.

They’re just friends, of course, until one night when things fall apart. Or fall together. All Corey knows is that she’s falling. Hard.

But will Hartley set aside his trophy girl to love someone as broken as Corey? If he won’t, she will need to find the courage to make a life for herself at Harkness — one which does not revolve around the sport she can no longer play, or the brown-eyed boy who’s afraid to love her back.

My Thoughts As Seen On Goodreads (Short and Sweet):
Loved, loved, loved it. All the characters were great and I couldn't stop reading...I had a smile on my face the entire time. So yeah, loved it.

Sarina Bowen just earned herself a new fan.

What I Highlighted While Reading:
“No,” he whispered into my ear. “No, no. Perfect isn’t real.” I took a deep, shaky breath, and the feel of his strong arms around me began to feel steadying. “There’s no more perfect, Callahan. Now there’s only really damned good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!