NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday's Book Spotlight

I read a book this weekend and I had to share it with y'all. Check out When It Rains by Lisa De Jong and what I thought about it.

When It Rains (Rain, #1)


One night changed my life forever.

Beau Bennett has been my best friend since I can remember. He was my first crush before everything came crashing down, and now he wants more, but it's more than I can give him. Things are different now. I wish I could tell him why, but I can't.

I haven’t told anyone.

I never knew how much I really needed him until the day he left for college, and I was completely alone.

Then one day, Asher Hunt rides into town with his dark, captivating eyes and cocky grin. He doesn't care who I used to be, he's simply breathing life into what’s left. People warn me to stay away from him, but he helps me forget the pain that has held me hostage for so long; something I thought was impossible before he walked into my life.

I’ve been hurt.

I’ve been saved.

And I’ve found hope.

I thought my story was written that night, but now I know it was only a new beginning. Until one secret turns my world upside down…

Again.

My Thoughts As Seen on Goodreads:
I started reading this at about 11pm last night and I didn't stop reading until I finished it. My Kindle warned me at 93% that my battery was low and I seriously almost had a panic attack at the thought it would die before I finished. I would have thrown it across the room if it had. I was too absorbed from something like a stupid battery to die, especially when my charger was in my car. So yeah, I was very addicted to this story. I need this book on my bookshelf so badly that the first thing I did this morning was order a copy.

I was swept away almost immediately and there were SO many times when I just wanted to put it down and stop because I couldn't handle reading anymore. I was crying too much. I cried constantly after a certain point. I felt all the happiness, but I felt all the pain and heartache as well. Just thinking about this book brings me to tears and makes me want to curl up into a ball and just cry.

I absolutely loved it. So much emotion. So much. I already want to reread it, but I'm still emotionally drained from last night, so I'll wait until my paperback comes.

The only other time I've felt so attached to a book, kept wanting to use "perfection" to describe a book, was when I read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. I have favorites among my favorites that sit in a small, hard to get into, category and When It Rains now sits there too.

Without a doubt, I'll be reading more by Lisa De Jong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!