NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

It's Been One Year!

Thanks to the BFF, I just realized it's been one year since I graduated high school. I can't believe it has been a year already! Realizing the time that has passed has caused me to reflect.

I'm not where I expected to be by no means. I thought I would be finishing up my first year of college and doing great anxiety wise. Instead, I ended up in the psych ward for a week and started seeing my third psychiatrist. I only completed one semester of college and my anxiety reared up again.

However, I think I'm where I need to be and doing things that are best for me. My recent medication change has been working fantastically. I love my new psychiatrist. I'm feeling great about things overall. I still have until August before school starts and I plan on being there. I'm actually a little excited about it because I'm ready to be busy again. I'm ready to be in school and learn and do homework.

On the other hand, I'm a little worried. I didn't think about it much when my therapist said it, but when the BFF mentioned that it's been a year since graduation, it got me thinking. My therapist mentioned how after each semester, I might very well need a break. To allow myself time to recoup and prepare again for a new semester. If that happens, do y'all realize how long it will take for me to finish school?

Too long. That's how long.

I have come up with a plan, though. While the majority of my classes will be online, I'll alternate between having a few face-to-face classes to all online. Hopefully, that will be good enough where I won't have to take entire semesters off anymore.

I'm just excited that I'm actually excited about school. Hoping for better results this good round, but this time, I believe I'm going to get those good results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!