NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Waiting Game

It sucks. It really does, but patience is supposed to be a virtue, right? Well, that's what I'm counting on as I exercise my patience.

You see, I've got a lot of goals and dreams right now. These goals/dreams will take time to come into effect and I'm just tired of waiting.

Today, though. Today, I gained some strength as I wrote about Samantha (DP's MC) and her strength.

I want to go to England.
I want to move out.

Those are my top to things on my to-do list. However, after weeks of thinking and evaluating, I've come to a decision.

Save money. Do those things later.

Right now, my focus is to save money. For taxes, for England, and for moving out. First things first, though.

Moving out: I was planning on this February, but I decided it would be best to just save the money I would have spent if I moved out and use that money for when I move to Raleigh to finish up my degree in two years.

I'm still going to England in June. I'm just need to be very selective about what I spend my money on so I can make this possible. As of right now, it's not happening and I have to make this work.

If I can set aside three grand a month, I will be set to accomplish these daunting tasks. The problem? Making enough money to save that and still pay bills. That's right. I'm eighteen and I have bills. Don't underestimate that like some I know do.

So if you take anything away from the jabber I just wrote, take this: Wait. If you can wait and still want those things, you have a better chance at accomplishing it. Just don't wait longer than necessary. At the same time, take action while you are figuring things out so you can better accomplish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!