NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, October 1, 2012

Confidence

This morning I was thinking. Scary, right? Haha, anyway I saw a picture of this girl on Facebook who looked like she could be a model. Her stature and face screamed confidence. Now, I don't know for sure if she is truly confident about herself, but she can pull off any look she wants to because she exerts it anyway.

Then I got to thinking about myself and confidence. How I don't wear anything out of my comfort zone of jeans and a t-shirt and a dress every now and then because I don't think I can pull it off. I have gotten a bit more daring here lately. Most people believe, I would think, that people are confidence because it has to do with what others think of them.

No.

That's not my opinion. Confidence comes from within and it's about how I think of myself. If I think I'm looking good today, I'll be on cloud nine and act on that feeling. Otherwise, I'm in sweatpants without a care in the world on how people think of me. I don't care what people think of me, only if they matter (like my Momma.)

Confidence shows whether or not I'm liking myself that day or not. For example, I woke up this morning feeling like I needed to stay in bed and write all day. I won't be able to do that, so chances are I will be wearing sweatpants and a tee today. I will feel completely confident in myself and can only hope that it shows.

Confidence is a tricky thing. That I know for sure. I feel like this post is only pointing out the obvious, so before I go, I'll just say this. Be confident in who you are. Be comfortable with who you are. Your opinion is the main one that matters, so give yourself a little love and know that you are awesome.

If you aren't or think you aren't, change that voice in your head to positive. Trust me. Positive thinking can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!