NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Teaser Thursday: Felix (The Ninth Inning, #1)


We're on the last teaser for the first book in Mary's and my new baseball series, which releases tomorrow! Last week, I shared a teaser from Abigail's POV and one in Felix's POV. Then, on Tuesday, I shared another one in Abigail's POV.

With this one,  y'all are getting your first glimpse into Blake and Hector, who both have books following Felix's.
Back in the locker room after showering and changing, Hector walks over to me with Blake in tow.

“We’re going to a bar to celebrate. You coming?”

“Yeah, sure.” I grab my cell and keys and then we all drive separately to the bar Hector suggested. As we walk into the place, I text Abigail.

Me: Don’t go to sleep yet, please. I’ll be there in a few hours for my post-game kiss.

I slip my phone into my back pocket as we take seats at the bar. The bartender comes over to us almost immediately. Her arms are both full-sleeves of tattoos, which are clearly visible because she’s wearing a strapless top. She has her nose pierced as well as three in both her ears, plus a bar at the top of one. Her black hair is pulled back into a ponytail and she flicks her gaze over each of us.

“What can I get you?” she asks.

We give her our orders and she walks away.

“Really, Hector?” Blake says. “She’s your type?” It’s then that I notice Hector is still watching her.

Without taking his eyes off her, he answers, “Beautiful women are my type and she definitely fits. Holy shit, she’s pretty.”

I glance back at the girl, seeing more tats on her back. She’s pretty, yeah. Blake shakes his head and laughs a little as she comes back, setting our drinks down in front of each of us.

“What’s your name, beautiful?” Hector asks, leaning towards her.

She smiles brightly at him. “My first name is Not and my last is Interested. Enjoy your drinks.”

Blake and I laugh as she walks away. Hector’s frown flattens and he glares when Blake says, “Looks like you’re not her type.”

“Unlikely. She probably just didn’t like that I called her beautiful. I’ll have her number before I go home.” He sounds so sure of himself.

“Good luck with that,” I laugh.

After our first drinks are gone, Blake and I get up to play a game of darts. Hector stays behind at the bar to order more drinks and to try again with the bartender.

I throw a dart and say, “Fifty bucks says he doesn’t even get her name.”

Blake glances at the girl. “He may be able to get that out of her, but there’s no way he’ll get her number. He’s not that good with women.”

“I’m hurt you’re betting against my odds, Blake,” Hector says as he sets three filled glasses down on a nearby table. “I’d expect it from Felix, but not from my wingman.”

“We aren’t betting against your odds. We’re betting on the fact that you have no odds,” Blake answers, throwing his dart. “Did she give us refills or did she send another girl?”

We look at Hector and wait for a response. “Another girl,” he mumbles, shaking his head.

I laugh, drink, and then take my turn with the dartboard. Blake and I play the game while Hector switches his attention between the girl and us. After our second round of drinks, we cut ourselves off and switch to water. We watch as he manages to get her attention and makes her wait on us. He still returns defeated.

“Felix sucks at darts. Play a game with me and maybe then you’ll have a better plan.” Blake chuckles as he hands Hector some darts.

I ignore Blake’s jab and check my phone. There’s a new text message from Abigail, so I open it.

Abigail: Just a kiss? I would figure you had more in mind.

I reply back that I’m on my way as I say, “Hey, guys. I’m going to go. Unlike some of us, I have a girl who is interested. Good luck though.”

Hector glares and Blake chuckles. After paying my tab, I head home. Abigail’s text has my mind running rampant, making me even more eager to see her.

Felix releases tomorrow, but you can still preorder your copy on Amazon, iBooks, B&N, or Kobo. Be sure to add it to your to-read shelf on Goodreads, too!
The Ninth Inning series presents Memphis Angels’ pitcher, Felix Hernandez.

Felix Hernandez’s life is baseball, baseball, baseball, and then his family. He rarely remembers anything that doesn’t concern the game. He’s never had a good enough reason to reprioritize his life or change his ways.

Relying on her sisters most of the time, Abigail Harris is trying to put her life in order. She’s now a graduate student and living on her own. It’s not until Felix deems her his lucky charm that her life begins to change. Now, Abigail isn’t sure if she should be focusing on her happiness or the professional baseball player.

Can the two handle any fastballs that come their way or will they strike out under pressure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!