NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May's Paperback Pick

With the weather heating up, The Summer I Learned to Dive by Shannon McCrimmon seemed like the perfect pick for this month.

I love summer reads and this is definitely something you should check out! I picked it up, intending only to read part of it, to get started reading it.

I read it all in one sitting.

I loved the setting of the book. It's set in South Carolina in the summer and there was just a cozy feeling to it. Kind of odd because I didn't know books could feel cozy, but this one does.

I enjoyed reading about Finn, seeing some similarities between us, and watching her break out of the shell she was in. This book makes you settle in, get comfortable, and enjoy the journey. I swear, it's cozy.

All the characters were great and I have to say, it was Grandpa who made it click for me. I was enjoying the story, still learning the characters, but wondering how I would feel about it in the end. Grandpa gets introduced and he made me smile. I loved his interactions with Finn. That was when I started settling in and getting lost in the book.

I can't wait to read the next book, The Year I Almost Drowned! Paperback picks continues being a success! Until next month, happy reading!

Since the time she was a little girl, eighteen-year-old Finley “Finn” Hemmings has always lived her life according to a plan, focused and driven with no time for the average young adult’s carefree experiences. On the night of her high school graduation, things take a dramatic turn when she discovers that her mother has been keeping a secret from her—a secret that causes Finn to do something she had never done before—veer off her plan. In the middle of the night, Finn packs her bags and travels by bus to Graceville, SC seeking the truth. In Graceville, Finn has experiences that change her life forever; a summer of love, forgiveness and revelations. She learns to take chances, to take the plunge and to dive right in to what life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!