NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Burn Out

I've been having trouble writing more than like three sentences lately, and I'm pretty sure it's because I burned myself out over the summer, or from all the writing I've done all of this year. I mean, there was most of You Before MeBracing the Blue Line, a lot of Game Winner, plus most of the books in my and Mary's next series. I don't know about you, but that's a lot of writing! All of that in six months.

For the past few weeks, I've been feeling "eh" to writing altogether. I have all the scenes in my head, but typing them into a doc has proven to be very difficult. I've read some books in attempts to recharge, but it surprisingly hasn't really helped. I attempted to take a week off, but I couldn't resist jotting in those few sentences if I actually had some to put down.

I burned myself out.

And it sucks! I want to write, the story wants to be told, but as soon as I open that doc, it disappears.

I'm really hoping that my upcoming vacation will do the trick and recharge me completely. For now, I'm going to go with the flow, read some more, go on vacation, and start school. I'll get back into the groove of things soon, I'm sure!

Hope you are all having a great day. I'm going to read for a bit. :)

Source: Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!