NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday's Book Spotlight

Last Wednesday, I was trying to decide what to read next. There were two books that I had in mind, but I couldn't decide. I posted on Facebook and three people all said the same thing. I read the one they suggested and really enjoyed it! So much so that I decided it should be this week's book spotlight.

Please allow me to introduce to y'all, Real by Katy Evans.

Real (Real, Raw & Ripped, #1)
A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

My Thoughts as Seen on Goodreads:
Woah. Overall, I loved it. There were some parts that were slow moving for me, but it didn't really matter in the grand scheme of things because I was hooked. From the get go, I could picture Remy in my head and goodness gracious! I was right there with Brooke on her roller coaster ride of emotions that she was feeling around him. Hell, I was almost drunk on it. 

You know how when you read one of those mind blowing books that once you've finished it you sort of feel overwhelmed with all the powerful emotions, but you're so freaking satisfied? REAL is sort of like that for me. When I finished it, my first thought was the first word of this review. Woah. And now, I'm just overwhelmed with how much I enjoyed the book, how happy I am that I read it, and how happy I am that I stayed up to finish it even if it is after 2 AM. I'm bursting with satisfaction, simply put.

I can't wait to read more by Evans! Going to tell the BFF about this book too! I think this might be one that her picky self will like. :) 

P.S. I'm in love with the name Remington/Remy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!