NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday's Book Spotlight

This week, I present to you a series that I absolutely adore. I love this series so much that if I had to choose one series to read for the rest of my life, this would be it. If you never listen to a thing I say, please read the Summer series by Jenny Han.
5821978-the-summer-i-turned-pretty.jpg6584188-it-s-not-summer-without-you.jpg8680278-we-ll-always-have-summer.jpg
Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.


In case you need furthering convincing, here is my review of the first book:
Title Thoughts: I like it.

Cover Thoughts: I like it. Shows how she is in the middle of the brothers.

WARNINGS: Cussing every now and then. A few kisses here and there.

I opened this book because my best friend, who isn't a book addict like me, said, "Lindsay, you have to read this book. I've read it four times!" That is a lot for someone who likes a good read here and there. I opened this book expected a fantastic, addictive read and that is exactly what I got.

This book made me want to go to the beach so badly. Han does a fantastic job with describing those perfect summer days at the beach. I really liked the way Han came in like a tidal wave and swept me out to sea. She created real characters with flaws. Belly has always been the little kid and now she's fifteen going on sixteen and still has some childish traits. Conrad can be such an ass sometimes but reading it from Belly's perspective, you can't help but love him. Jeremiah was sweet and he is a really great friend.

I liked how some chapters went back to past summers and filled in spaces that I didn't realize needed filling. The story just flows smoothly like a tiny ripple in water. I pretty much loved everything about this book. It is definitely a summer book for me.

Addict's Last Words: The ending left me in severe need of the next, which is why my best friend is bringing it over later for me to borrow. I was left wondering two things: 1: What is going to happen next? and 2: Why wasn't I told about this book before now?!

To Buy or To Borrow: Buy it. I'm sure you'll like it just as much as my friend and I did.

1 comment:

  1. I loved the first book, but I had some issues with the way the series ended. I didn't think the author was very fair to Jeremiah. But it is a beautiful read!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!