NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February's Paperback Pick

I'm two for two so far this year! Woot, woot! This month's paperback pick was Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. It was gifted to me for Christmas and I chose it this month based solely on the cover.

I'm so happy that I read this book. It made me smile and I was turning the pages as fast as I could read them. I started getting worried about halfway through because I needed to know what was going to happen, and I was getting anxious.

The book was good, told in an interesting manner (with some IMs & images), but was told perfectly, I think. My heart being the way it is, I do wish for a little more from the ending, but I'm still completely happy with it. If I'm not clear though, I only keep physical copies of books I truly enjoyed, and I'll definitely be keeping this one.

Plus, that cover! I still love it.

That's it for this month's pick. I'm going to see if Nicola Yoon has written more books or if I get to wait for her next one. :)

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!