NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

WIP Progress Report (#4)

To recap, these "progress reports" are basically a way for y'all to know a little more about what I'm working on and to be able to follow along with the process. The main update will be on my solos, but at the end, there will be quick updates on other projects. 

So, what is going on with my WIPs?

Haley and Keelan are finished. Sort of. Right now, some betas are reading through it and will be providing me feedback. I'll start working on revisions next. The tentative title is Bending Under Pressure

My main focus next will be on writing Season 2 of The Ninth Inning series with Mary Smith. We're almost half way through Season 1, so we'll be working hard to get those in the next set written.

However, the next book I planned to write has been on my mind, so I started that as well. Here's those details, plus the first sentence of the first chapter!

- Untitled.
- Genre: Sports (Hockey) Romance.
- Word Count/Goal: 13,822/80,000
- Release Date: If all goes well, hopefully by summer 2016!
- First Sentence: "The worst part of flying somewhere is waiting in the airport beforehand."

This WIP features Meredith Quick and Noah Ramsey, a couple who have a history. Meredith is a retired pro tennis player and Noah is currently a pro hockey player. Here's a little unedited snippet to give you an idea of what Meredith is feeling when the book first begins: 

How do things get so far off track? I had dreams and a plan to make them all come true. Instead, my dreams have run into reality to come to an end before I'm ready. This isn't how I imagined myself at twenty-six. Everything is wrong and in pieces. It'll be a miracle if my spontaneous decision actually helps. I can't help but to be skeptical since I've tried to always plan my life. Look at where that got me. Recently retired with a called off engagement and a broken soul.
I've spent the last six months retracing my steps. Where did I go wrong? What part of my planning caused the first misstep to land me where I am now? Every time I come back to one decision.
Leaving Noah.

That has to be where I went wrong.

So, with her life as a mess, she's hoping to come up with a new plan, starting with reuniting with Noah. The words are flowing like crazy with this book and I'm already in love with this story.

This is another one that I outlined, so I'm excited to get my ideas and plans for this couple down in words. I almost want to rub my hands together and laugh evilly for all that I have planned. Plus, I'm stoked that I'm finally tackling a second chance romance, something on my Writing To-Do List. I love reading those kind of books and I'm tickled to have Meredith and Noah be the characters for such a story.

It's kind of weird to think that with my last three projects I've gone from a New Adult Romance, to a Young Adult Romance, and now to a Sports Romance. I'm a little all over the place, but I'm not complaining! It's cool to be in slightly different areas while all under the romance umbrella. 

So, that's it for this WIP Progress Report! What are some of your favorite second chance romances?

Until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!