NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

WIP Progress Report (#3)

To recap, these "progress reports" are basically a way for y'all to know a little more about what I'm working on and to be able to follow along with the process. The main update will be on my solos, but at the end, there will be quick updates on other projects.

If you missed the first two, you can check them out here.


I have exciting news to share about Haley and Keelan! Let's have a quick update first.

- Still untitled. It's time to start figuring out possible titles, though!
- Genre: Young Adult Romance
- Word Count/Goal: 83,478/70,000 (Told ya I would go over my goal!)
- Release Date: Hopefully, sometime in early 2016. I have a date in mind, but won't say when until I've scheduled my editor and formatter. 

My main thing to report is that this book is almost finished. I probably have 3-5 chapters left. I can see the finish line and I'm so happy about it! 

I initially hoped to have this book done by the end of August, but I just couldn't make it happen. I am certain it will be done by the end of the month though. If I'm not, I may just cry a river for me to drown in haha. Once I do finish, that means revisions start as well as sending it to my betas/critique partners.

Right now, I'm at the point where I'm not sure if it's any good. I haven't read it from the beginning in a while, so that could factor into what changes need to be made and so on. I'm so excited about seeing the finish line and knowing that I'm close that I had to celebrate a little.

This is the first book where I placed a self-imposed deadline on it. Considering I'm a month behind, it's caused me to stress a little and it's one reason why I'm excited to be finished. It's also time to start stressing about a title and what in the world the cover will look like. Don't get me wrong, it's exciting too and I'm looking forward to it.

So, anyway, my progress report is that I'm close the wrapping this one up. At least, with this part of the process.

Other Projects:
Felix releases Friday! (Did you see what the paperbacks look like?) Mary and I are preparing the fourth book in the series for edits as well as working on finishing the other two books in season 2.

Without a Doubt is currently with the formatter. I'll be able to upload it to Amazon as soon as I get it back, so be on the lookout for that if you're a Kindle reader.

I'm also working on outlining two of my next four books. Whenever I finish Haley and Keelan, I'll start posting about the next project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!