NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Friday, November 15, 2013

My Top Ten Favorite Songs of All Time

Today, I was singing (badly) at the top of my lungs to some of my favorite songs and it got me thinking about my top ten favorites of all time. So I made a list and I figured I would share that with y'all. These are the songs that I would choose if I had to listen to only ten songs for the rest of my life. These are the songs that always make me feel better and these are the songs that I am always in the mood to listen to. (All the links will take you to YouTube to a music video.)

In no particular order:

  • When a Man Loves a Woman - Michael Bolton. I have this one and the Percy Sledge version on my iTunes. While I listen to them both, Michael Bolton's is my favorite. To get my fix when I'm driving, sometimes I'll put it on repeat for the entire trip.
  • Simple Man - Shinedown. I know there is the Lynyrd Skynrd version, but I love Shinedown's so much more. Usually when I listen to this song, the volume is up as loud as it will go and it plays about three times before I'll move on to the next song.
  • (God Must Have Spent) A Little More Time on You - *NSYNC. I grew up listening to these boys and this is the main song that stuck around all these years later. I love, love, love this song.
  • Lean on Me - Bill Withers. I mean, really. Who doesn't love this song? 
  • Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson. I feel bad for whoever is near me when this song comes on. I sing so terribly loud and I can't sing. At all. This is one of my top lifts-my-mood songs too.
  • Let's Stay Together - Al Green. This is close second behind the Michael Bolton song in terms of old songs. I have to play this one at least twice before moving on.
  • Back to One - Mark Wills. Close your eyes and listen to it. *happy sigh*
  • I'll Follow You - Shinedown. Another Shinedown song made the list. This isn't a surprise because they are my favorite band. I turn the volume up and belt out all the words. 
  • I'll Be There - Jackson 5. I always liked this song, but in the 7th grade, I had a teacher who would play music similar to this every day before he started his lecture. Every time I heard it, I fell more and more in love with it and now it's on my top ten of all time!
  • Lips of an Angel - Hinder. Thanks to my sister, this song has made the list. It makes me want to sing, sing loud, and it doesn't matter who hears me. This has been a favorite of mine since the first time I heard it.
There you go! Those are my top ten favorite songs of all time. Are any of these on your list too? What songs would make your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!