NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday's Book Spotlight

I read this book a little over a week ago and I'm still thinking about it. There's no doubt that Hopeless by Colleen Hoover deserves to be on this week's spotlight. I mean, as of 1 pm yesterday, there were 54,397 ratings on Goodreads and the average rating is 4.55 stars. That's a good indication that you'll love it too, I think.

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)


Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

Recommended for readers 17+ due to sexual content, harsh language and heavy subject matter.

My Thoughts as Seen on Goodreads:
First off, my only regret about this book is that I didn't read it in paperback first. It just has a feel that you need to have the paperback when you read it, so you can hold it to you. I can't exactly hold my laptop to my chest while I bawl my eyes out and it have the same effect as a paperback. 

As I mentioned in one of my updates, Hoover has ruined me for all future books, stories, characters, couples, and everything in between. Nothing can live up to or compare to this perfection called Hopeless. She destroyed me with her words and I never want to be fixed either. I devoured it in one sitting because I couldn't stop. Now it's 4:43 AM and I have to get my thoughts out before I cry myself to sleep.

I'll be crying for these characters. Crying for their story. Crying for the emotions that they made me feel. I'll cry because I can't read this book for the first time again, and I'll cry with joy that I can reread it as many times as I want. And trust me. I will be rereading it. 

Colleen Hoover possesses so much talent in weaving together not only words, but characters that I can fall hopelessly in love with. I don't think any guy in any book is as good as Holder. I don't think any couple is as good as this one. I'm ruined for life, remember? This book has stolen the title for my all time favorite book and I doubt any book that I read in the future can get that title now that I've read Hopeless. Nothing can compare. It feels like a once and a lifetime story. Like a memory that you know you'll cherish forever because in that moment, what happened took your heart and you know that nothing can ever compare to what happened in that instant. A moment in your life where you know that you're changed forever and nothing will ever be the same. 

This is that book that once you read it, you'll never forget the story and the emotions it provoked. It's that book that stays so close to your heart. It's that book that you want to carry around every day for the rest of your life so it will always be there, just in case. It's that book that you have multiple copies of so you'll never be without it and once you wear one copy out, there's another one waiting to be reread to the point that the pages are falling out of the spine. It's the book that you want to live by the message it holds. This is the book that comes to your mind when you wonder why you love reading. This is the first book you'll think of when someone asks what your favorite book is or who your favorite author is. This is the book that if you couldn't read another book in your life, you would be okay with that because at least you were able to read Hopeless. You can't forget what you read, what you felt that first time you read it, and you can't forget the story within. 

I can ramble all night until I'm delirious with lack of sleep. I'll finish with two simple words in case you need more convincing: Read Hopeless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!