NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, May 20, 2013

Monday's Book Spotlight

Off Limits (Off Series, #2) This week's book is the second in the Off series by Sawyer Bennett. I don't think you would have to read the first book, Off Sides, to read this one, but it's probably a good idea that you do, just so you can appreciate this one fully. You can see my thoughts on Off Sides here.

From Goodreads:
“There is a vulnerability there, hovering just below the surface. And I want to pick at it until I expose it. Then I want to kiss it." 

Two years ago, Emily Burnham, had an epiphany about the shallowness of her life. And she made it her mission to become a different person…a better woman. Out from under the controlling thumb of her mother, Emily is tasting the real world for the first time. And she likes it.

Nixon Caldwell has served his time in the Marine Corps, surviving two brutal tours in Afghanistan. He is back home, surrounded by what he likes best…isolation. It's certainly the best way to avoid confrontation of the consuming guilt that is weighing him down.

When an accident brings Emily and Nix together, he soon learns he is not the master of his own fate. Struggling with his own pain, Nix tries to guard himself against Emily’s charms. He wants her in his bed, but he doesn’t want her in his heart. 

Having grabbed life by the horns, Emily wants it all. But is she willing to accept just the small part of himself that Nix is offering? Can she reach the part of his soul that he has deemed to be Off Limits?

I read this book last Tuesday and I'm still thinking about it! Okay, mostly about Nix. That still counts, right?

Why It Is Awesome: See the full review on Goodreads.

Nix, oh Nix. Where can I find my own Nix, that's what I want to know! 

Bennett swept me away in OFF LIMITS and honestly, I wish I was still there. I wanted to cry once I reached the epilogue because that meant it was ending. 

It's been a long while since I've read a book and I wanted the guy in it to be my own. I hate it for the future boys in books because it's going to be hard to compete with my love for Nix. My brain is on Nix overload. I'm like Nix Nix Nix Nix Nix Nix Nix Nix, My Nix!

Share with me your latest book boyfriend! I'm holding on to Nix for the time being. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!