NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Friday, October 12, 2012

My Dilemma and How I Talked Myself Through It

Things in DP are coming along nicely and I'm right on track to be finished by the end of the month. Beta readers, I will email you soon!

Book four would come along nicely if I would work on it. But here's my dilemma.

My writing has improved drastically, IMO, in DP. Book four? It's the same as the others in the series. This makes me feel as if when writing the series, I'm stuck in a rut and can't get out. That with the series, my writing isn't getting better. I need to see some improvement to keep the juices speeding through my veins.

Because I have seen what I'm capable of in DP, I'm overflowing with worry that people are going to hate the series. I don't want that, of course. Those are my babies. My firsts. Reading new reviews is like a train wreck - I can't look away. I can't stop staring and feeling horrible for how I haven't accomplished everything the reader hoped I would.

However, to be eighteen (seventeen at time of publication), I think I have done a fairly well job. I'm not one of those people that has always scribbled away. No. Sweetness was my first attempt. I slaved away at it for hours. Went over it a couple of times and that was it. I didn't spend as much time as I needed with it and I've learned my lesson.

Anyway, back on track.

I'm almost to a point where I'm quitting the series. *holds hands up in surrender* *waves the white flag* Don't worry. I'm not going to do that. I'm simply going to get better.

What does this mean?

This means that for one, DP has all my attention. Book four is on the back burner for now. Jake, Emily, and I need a small break from one another. Do not expect book four to be released any time soon. It's not going to happen. I'm going to write DP, the paranormal romance, and then book four. I'd say it will release around Summer 2013. Sorry, but I want to give you the best that I can and this is how I'm going to do that.

There's my dilemma and how I talked myself through it. Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!