NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Monday, July 23, 2012

Decisions

As you may have noticed, my online presence as been scarce this past week or so. I don't know what happened exactly, but I decided that I needed a break. Maybe it was the fact that I had been working nonstop since October. Maybe it was because I couldn't focus on my work. Maybe it was because I was exhausted.

Whatever the reason, I took a break. I haven't written a work in any of my WIP's in over a week. I haven't thought about them or wanted to work on them. I've been coasting along in life without the writing world involved.

I've missed y'all.

I've missed writing and being in that routine.

However, decisions have to be made. I'm choosing to voice those decisions publicly and I thank those of you who provide support in advance. I want to thank those who have read my books, talked about them, and reached out to me to let me know what you thought. I have made many friends through my books and it's been an amazing experience.

So, I bet you are wondering about those decisions, huh? I have a couple.

One: No matter what, I'm not going to let my anxiety win. Even if that means I will have to survive panic attack after panic attack. The point is that I will survive and I'm willing to go through it to experience the college setting. Orientation is Wednesday and I plan on being there. School starts on the 16th and I plan on being there. Those posts that were basically my attacks written down were moments of weakness. Moments where I was terrified. Don't get me wrong, I still am, but I have a new mind set. Anxiety will not win. I have anxiety. Anxiety does not have me. That's my new motto and between that and my tattoo, I can't lose.

Two: I now have three jobs and will be going to school full-time soon. One of those jobs is writing. I'm going to do my best to write as often as I can with the time that is given to me. However, I can't promise pub dates anymore. For me, I don't always want to write. I don't always have the urge to get these thoughts out of my head. Sometimes, I don't even have those thoughts to get out.

I'm going to try my hardest to get DP out on time. If that doesn't happen, please bear with me. Life is getting more hectic by the minute and I'm trying to calm the chaos while I can. It is because of that deadline that I'm not taking a longer break. I feel like I just need to step away from the writing world for a bit longer, but I don't have the time to do so. I have to get back to work.

Three: I don't know why, but I feel as if I'm saying goodbye. I'm not. I refuse to let this part of my life slip away all because I'm overwhelmed at the amount of work I have ahead of me. I only have that amount because I'm always trying to do more than average. My third decision is that no matter how hectic life gets, I'm always going to find time to write. Even if it's less than my usual amount, at least it's something.

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!