NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Friday, March 16, 2012

Things I Say Often and Probably Shouldn't

I thought it would be fun to make a list (because I love making lists!) of a couple of things I say and probably shouldn't. I'd love it if you would share your words too!
  • Hain't. Just add a h sound in front of ain't and you get hain't (rhymes with taint.) Another way of saying haven't. How it came to be, I'm not sure. I'm quick to say, "I hain't done it yet" though.
  • Ain't. Many say this isn't a word. However, in the seventh grade, I found it in the dictionary. I would like to take a moment to go "HA!" to my former teachers who said it wasn't a word. However, while "ain't" means am not, I probably shouldn't use that. As one of my teachers says, "It's improper English." (I'm sure I'll use it anyway."
  • Wouldn'tve/Hadn'tve/etc That's the way I spell it. I should be saying wouldn't of or shouldn't have or had not of not hadn'tve. I would say something along the lines of, "Well, he shouldn'tve done it."
  • What y'all doin'? I know. I know! No verb. I should be ashamed. Although, I rather text that than "where you be at?" Thankfully, I do catch myself saying this sometimes and 99% of this doesn't appear in my writing.

Next, you'll have a video of how I sound when I speak certain words and the toes I step on when I say them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!