NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day-Part One

It's Valentine's Day and to share my love for you, I decided to write an extra scene of Emily and Jake's first Valentine together. This scene is going to be the first half of their date from Emily's point of view. I'm going to share Jake's half later today. I do hope you enjoy reading this.

Stretching, a smile lights up my face with the thoughts of today's events. Jake said the day would be full of surprises. I can't wait to see what he has in store for me. Rolling over in Jake's arms wakes him up. A bright smile gleams back.
"Good morning Sweetness. Time to sneak home already?"

"Yeah," I say as Jake burrows into my neck.

"Your hair smells so good. You always smell good," he breathes into my neck as his arms wrap tighter around me.

"I got to go Jake."

"I'm only letting you go because I'll see you again soon."

His arms loosen and I reluctantly crawl over him and out of bed. He grabs my wrist as I start to walk away and pulls me back to him.

"I know you aren't about to leave?" He pulls me down for a sweet kiss. "I'll see you later," his lips brush over mine as the kiss ends.

Happiness overflows in my veins and it hits me. I love him. In a dazed state, I slip on my shoes. With a small wave, I leave Jake's room and sneak back to my house. The happiness dispersed and terror now fills me. Terror might be an overstatement. It's really giddiness, excitement, and terror. This realization is huge. I wish I could ask if I'm ready to let Jake have my heart, but that would be a stupid question. He already has it. The question is am I ready to admit this?

To myself, sure. To Jake? Nope. Not yet. I am not about to open that can of worms.

Back in my room, I fall back asleep. I'm supposed to be getting ready for my day with Jake. When Dad knocks on my door and tells me Jake is here, saying that I panicked is an understatement. I sped to the shower and in a record timing, I dressed in black dress jeans and a baby blue top. Rushing into the living room, I see Jake sitting on the couch with this hands grasped between his knees.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I say in one breath.

Jake stands and he takes my breath away dressed in black slacks and a blood red button up shirt.

"Don't worry about it," he says as he leans in to kiss my cheek. "You are beautiful," he whispers in my ear. My neck heats up and I immediately know that I'm blushing.

"Thank you," I quietly reply. He holds out his arm and I link mine through his.

"Y'all have fun now, ya hear," Dad says as we walk to the door.

"Will do Dad."

Jake opens the door to his Mustang and I slide inside. My eyes track his movements as he makes his way around the car and in beside me. He takes a second to look over at me and smile.

"Where are we going," I ask to fill the silence.

"You just sit back and relax."

"Okay."

After a few minutes, it's apparent that we are going to Wilmington. With a glance at the clock, I realize I made us an hour late. Goodness, I hope reservations aren't involved in our plans. Worry crawls over my skin and I give in.

"I haven't made us late to some place, have I?"

Jake reaches over and takes my hand. "You haven't affected our plans one bit."

With this morning's enlightenment, I'm on the edge. However, Jake's thumb swirling atop the skin of my hand drift me away into a world where worries don't exist. It's Jake and me. I come so close to blurting it out right then and there. It doesn't happen, though. My lips are zipped tightly. It's 'round one o'clock when we arrive downtown at one restuarant that I've always hear fantastic things about.

"Are you sure I haven't made us late?" I ask, remembering that there are reservations at this place.

Jake quietly chuckles. "We aren't going there."

"Oh."

Jake gets out of the car and comes over to open my door. I step out and follow him past the equiste restuarant and down to a dainty restuarant. The place is bustling about with people and busy waitresses. An elderly woman greets us.

"Table for two?"

"Yes," Jake answers.

She grabs two menus and leads us to a booth behind a young couple with the girl feeding a baby. Jake and I sit down across from one another. The energy of this place is amazing. I feel as if I'm in the comfort of my home for supper. My stomach growls as I read the menu. This cozy, active place is working its way into my heart.

"Whatcha going to get," I ask Jake.

"I've been thinking that we should have dessert for lunch."

He looks up from his menu at me. That sly smile gleams at me from across the table.

"How about we share a sundae?"

"Sounds good to me," I say.

The elderly lady returns to our table and takes our order. That smile is still plastered across Jake's face. He has something up his sleeve. I need to figure out what. I squint my eyes at him and a laugh escapes his lips.

"What?"

I lean forward and put on my best smile. "What do you have planned Jake? You've been wearing a mischevious smile since we got here. Go on and tell me what it is."

With a small laugh, Jake shakes his head. "You just sit your pretty little head over there and relax."

I don't take my eyes off of him as our sundae is placed in between us. Jake takes one of the spoons, dips it in the ice cream, and holds it in front of my lips. Slowly, I part my lips as the spoon slips inside. My mouth instantly cools as the ice cream melts. It is delicious. I'm lost in my world of two as Jake and I feed each other ice cream. All too soon, the ice cream is gone and Jake has lost his mind. Hanging fron his forefinger is a blindfold.

"No."

"It has to be a surprise, Sweetness. It's only for a little while."

His smile turns my heart into a puddle and relectantly I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!