NEW SITE

Hey! Thanks for visiting. This site is no longer active. Please visit my new website here. Thanks!

-Lindsay
7/12/2016

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Character Inspiration: Drake

Today, I thought I would share my inspiration for Drake. He seems to be everyone's favorite character from the series. His always hyper, always excited to talk about games personality was easily inspired by my oldest nephew who is currently 12. My nephew as ADHD and Asperger's. I bet you can see a bit of ADHD in Drake with how hyper he always seems to be.

With Drake, I wanted to capture a little kid who didn't have a care in the world, but still noticed important things, such as his dad's and Emily's behavior. For me, little kids should be little kids and shouldn't have to worry about those kinds of things. I wanted to make Drake like that. However, Drake still worried about it somewhat and voiced those thoughts to someone he looked up to: Jake.

Drake turned out to be the little brother I never had. If I had to have a little brother, I would hope he would be like Drake. I would love to have someone who was funny, excited, happy, and simply full of life as a little brother. As I said, Drake was mainly inspired by my nephew who could get just as excited over similir toys and events.

Is there someone in your life who reminds you of Drake?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting and commenting!